Monday 10 September 2018

My latest MG project.


Good morning friends.
I trust this finds you well. This morning I have a project done using Mark Gould's Gypsy Rose Stamp. I really enjoyed doing this and I can see the other three stamps being done to create a nice little montage display, but, I digress, so onto this one.

I enjoy the process of painting on fabric. I think it is because you can't rush it so it gives a chance to slow down and enjoy the process.
I painted with DecoArt Fluid Acrylic paint In Pthalo Turquoise, Metallic Silver, Quin Red, White and Green with a bit of gold too.
Mixing the blue and silver together gave a lovely shimmer to the hair. I gave her a dimensional rose which added a nice bit of  texture to the piece.
You can find the stamps HERE at Chocolate Baroque or from Mark HERE.




For those who are interested I have added a few of the stages so you can see how it was built up.


 Blue and silver blended for the hair.
 Quin Red gives a bit of a tan but don't panic, let it dry.
 Use white to change the colour, build up in layers
 Add shadow details to the cloth as each layer has dried.
Add gold highlighting the earring. To finish paint the frame in dark blue and when dry add white over to bring out the texture.
Glue the rose and leaves in place.

Have a lovely day folks.

No comments: