Monday, 6 August 2018

It's stencil month over at Mixed Up.

Good morning friends.
New moth means new challenge over at Mixed Up. This month we are looking at Stencils, something which many of us have in our crafty stash I'm sure.
There's lots of awesome inspiration over at the blog post HERE, and this is my journal page project in more detail.

I guess you could say I am generally what you would call a "messy stenciller" not neat and precise, I use stencils to add layers and interest to a back ground.
I had a lot of fun just messing around in my A4 journal to create this page.

I thought you may enjoy seeing some of the steps so here you go.....

 Piece of scrap card and Dylusions ink and Perfect Pearls spray. Leave to dry.
 My favourite sea stencils(my designs, from Tando Creative) and DecoArt modeling paste. (Note, the paste will absorb the colour from the ink which is what I wanted. If you want to have a crisper white finish then create your background with paint and allow to dry thoroughly before adding texture paste)
 Stencil and paint to add further random layers to the main page which has just had brushstrokes of paint added to cover most of the page.
 Stick the textured page in place and use the stencil and paint to bridge the two pieces
 I used another stencil and brown paint to add smaller darker areas of interest
 Some stamped interest too. (My new stamps from The Artistic Stamper)

Die cut and stamped Seahorses, coloured roughly with Distress Ink add focal areas along with the simple handwritten sentiment.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the process.....
Have yourselves a fun creative day

Monday, 23 July 2018

The very Awesome Truth Coffee Roasting in Capetwon

Good morning friends.
Today I thought I would share with you my very cool morning visiting this very cool coffee house. Having got the accolade as best coffee shop in the world for the last couple of years it was definitely high on my go to list for this trip as who knows when I will next get the opportunity.....

This place is an uber cool  steampunk inspired place and as a dedicated lover of coffee and a fan of the genre you can appreciate that I was in seventh heaven to visit.
 I was distracted by this cool street art before we arrived.
 Welcome, isn't this a beautiful building?
 Haven't got time? Even the take away section is super stylish. Staff are all Steampunked up and very friendly too.
 Once inside it is hard to decide where to look first, there is so much detail that grabs you.
 reading the menu is an experience too, full of interesting information , and it was hard to decide which coffee to try first.


 One of the highlights was being able to see and appreciate this brilliant installation by the amazingly talented Belinda Basson
 I had arranged to meet up with my facebook friends Shamela Hendricks....

 and the lady herself, Belinda. it is amazing how you can meet up in reality for the first time and immediately it's like you are just carrying on a conversation with old friends. We had a brilliant time.

 We got to go on a tour behind the chains too

 Into the back areas where they keep all the green coffee beans.
Isn't this just a fabulous "warehouse"


If you are ever in Cape Town, I would highly recommend a visit, the vibe is fab and the coffee and food delicious. I worked my way through a good selection of coffee throughout the morning and didn't walk away empty handed thanks to  the generosity of Belinda and Shamela...... So now I can make my own Deep Dark and Twisted, Ressurrection, Vengeance and Black Honey coffee here in the UK . Though I can't make pretty pictures on mine like they can lol.

Friday, 20 July 2018

African Adventures

Good morning friends.
I've been overseas for the last few weeks and now I'm back I've been getting unpacked and sorted out the last few days.
It was a crazy hectic emotional and special time away catching up with friends and family, sightseeing and saying final goodbyes to my parents.
Today I thought I'd give a very limited snapshot of my time away and have restricted myself to share just 1 photo of each of the things I did and places I visited.
Considering that I have over a thousand photos that is hard lol. I will pop back over the course of time to share some of the more creative things in more detail but in the meantime I hope you enjoy my snapshot of 21 days in South Africa........

Rietvlei Nature Reserve.

 Shopping at Chameleon Village

 Stocking up on childhood sweets......

 Going up the cableway at Hartebeestpoort

 Having coffee and cake at French Toast.

 Surrounded by a forest of wire baobab trees (Yes, I did buy one!)

 Irene mall has this very weird sculpture.....
 Doing a book making class....

 Driving down to Cape Town over two days - this is such an iconic view along the way.

 We laid the ashes of my parents to rest in the beauty of Kirstenbosch Gardens in Capetown.

 The very cool Truth Coffee in Capetown (you will be seeing more about this experience!
The V&A waterfront.

 Exploring Stellenbosch.

Making my choices for wine tasting at Blaauwklippen. 

 Another wine farm......Altyd Gedacht

 Blouberstrand and Table Mountain

 Travelling back from Capetown - This is Matjiesfontein.

Three sisters area on the way home

So, a very limited view of my busy life lol. Hope you enjoyed it.
I will be sharing more about a few experiences in further posts so I'll see you soon, in the meantime my studio is calling- lots of crafty goodies came home with me that need to be sorted....
Have a lovely day