Friday 20 July 2018

African Adventures

Good morning friends.
I've been overseas for the last few weeks and now I'm back I've been getting unpacked and sorted out the last few days.
It was a crazy hectic emotional and special time away catching up with friends and family, sightseeing and saying final goodbyes to my parents.
Today I thought I'd give a very limited snapshot of my time away and have restricted myself to share just 1 photo of each of the things I did and places I visited.
Considering that I have over a thousand photos that is hard lol. I will pop back over the course of time to share some of the more creative things in more detail but in the meantime I hope you enjoy my snapshot of 21 days in South Africa........


Rietvlei Nature Reserve.

 Shopping at Chameleon Village

 Stocking up on childhood sweets......

 Going up the cableway at Hartebeestpoort

 Having coffee and cake at French Toast.

 Surrounded by a forest of wire baobab trees (Yes, I did buy one!)

 Irene mall has this very weird sculpture.....
 Doing a book making class....

 Driving down to Cape Town over two days - this is such an iconic view along the way.

 We laid the ashes of my parents to rest in the beauty of Kirstenbosch Gardens in Capetown.

 The very cool Truth Coffee in Capetown (you will be seeing more about this experience!
The V&A waterfront.

 Exploring Stellenbosch.

Making my choices for wine tasting at Blaauwklippen. 

 Another wine farm......Altyd Gedacht

 Blouberstrand and Table Mountain

 Travelling back from Capetown - This is Matjiesfontein.

Three sisters area on the way home

So, a very limited view of my busy life lol. Hope you enjoyed it.
I will be sharing more about a few experiences in further posts so I'll see you soon, in the meantime my studio is calling- lots of crafty goodies came home with me that need to be sorted....
Have a lovely day

3 comments:

Robin said...

Dear Neil,
This trip must have been a very emotional one for you; I didn't realize that you are from South Africa and were returning your parents to their homeland. I hope your memories leave you with a sense of peace and no regrets.
I am intrigued by those wire trees--I want one,too!
Blessings to you and your family,
Robin

Ellie Knol said...

Lucky you.. going to the most beautiful country in the world .. when looking at the photo with this title: "Going up the cableway at Hartebeestpoort" I knew I had to leave a comment... If you look very good in the distance .. I grew up there... Hekpoort.. near Magaliesburg..

Linda49 said...

What beautiful photos Neil and what a fantastic place. I loved the Steampunk. Thank you for sharing with us.