Monday 25 June 2018

Ocean calling....

Good morning friends.
My turn on the Mark Gould DT this week sees me heading sea side.....
I decided to add some interest to a plain white craft apron that I have had knocking about for a while now, just waiting for inspiration. Which arrived in the form of Mark's Sailor Jim

This was a fun project to do and I took things very casually.
To start I used Infusions to add some colours blends and dried it off.

The focal image was stamped onto the fabric and onto white card (cut out to create a mask)


With the paper mask in place the background was filled in with a random assortment of my stamps from The Artistic Stamper..

Painting on fabric has it's own challenges so I just decided I was not going to get too hung up on staying in the lines.  I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics to paint with. Sailor Jim is the focal point of course so I spent  more time  painting him

Then just some simple highlighting and fun to tie the background together.

I added the sentiment using a Sharpie


I hope you like it. I had a good time making it. Sailor Jim is available HERE




No comments: