Monday 30 March 2015

A little play.

Good evening folks.
Having celebrated my birthday recently; I was spoiled with loads of crafty goodies.


 There's so much I wasn't sure where to start! So I thought I would take a moment this weekend to make some of the butterflies from the new die/embossing folder combo I received.
 I cut and embossed six out of a piece of thin greyboard that had some random scrapings of paint on it.

 Coloured them with stain. The paint acts as a resist to the stain giving a cool effect.
 I popped on a bit of distress embossing powder for some interest.
 Popped on some Distress ink.
 and then took some of it off again......
 Then, I swiped the archival ink over to highlight some of the embossed details
 Lastly I covered them with Liquid Glass and left to dry for 24 hours. Now they look pretty cool (Though the photo definitely doesn't do them justice so I'll take another picture tomorrow.
What I love is how they look like a kind of enameled metal now. I've used the liquid glass by DecoArt because unlike many other gloss mediums that crack, this stuff stays fully flexible when dry meaning that you can shape the wings etc. It is super super cool and I really love it!
I have an idea of what and where I want to use these so hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow before work....
Have a good night folks.


3 comments:

Sandie said...

You were lucky with all your birthday presents, I bet it was hard knowing what to use first!
Love the butterflies and I look forward to seeing what you do with them next.

jan said...

They are so beautiful Neil I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them 😀 xxx

Karen said...

These are beautiful Neil and hard to see that they are just chippie underneath!!! I have been thinking of getting some of that liquid glass, now I am convinced :-) Thank you x