Tuesday 31 March 2015

Give wings to your art.

Good afternoon friends.
Well, yesterday I shared the butterflies I made and this morning I had time before work to finish the one project I had in mind.....
As I am sure many of you are, I am inspired by things I see on Pinterest. This project is one of them. An altered artist palette. So, this is my take on it.

 I sanded and gessoed the palette as it is plastic. Then layered and glued my objects in place and left to dry. There are brushes, metal embellishments, lace and flowers, glue splodges and some sand too.
 Everything was then given a coat of black gesso before dry brushing with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics in Blue Green Light and Titian Buff before finishing off with a wash of Quin Gold.
Lastly I added a couple of yesterdays butterflies using hot glue and some stickers to create the sentiment.
I'm still toying with the idea of adding a few more bits to it but I thought I'd share it now as I actually like it as it is so I'll leave it for a few days before looking at it again! Hope you like it; now, what shall I do with the last four butterflies?


1 comment:

J said...

I just love it Neil, I have one thats similar so I might have a go, I keep seeing black gesso used and projects so I will have to buy some.
The finished colour is gorgeous and all the bits and pieces you've used look great.