Monday 5 December 2011

Tag #3

Hi there.
I've been spending my morning playing catch up with the weekend tags so here we are with the first of 3 posts!
Here is my tag number 3
Now this one is not really the same as Tim's because I did not have the custom stamp pad ingredients nor the embossing folder. So I used distress inks to do the base tag by putting different colours on the pad and when dry colouring the tag with frayed burlap distress ink.
When I dried that instead of using perfect pearl mist I covered the tag with antique linen distress stickles and dried it with the heat gun.
This year I was not planning to buy any more supplies to do the tags but I do confess that after seeing how the kraft core worked on the foliage I did go and get some and I'm pleased I did! (I also slipped some flat pearls and bells in my basket too but shhhh, don't tell a soul!
I'm pleased with the way it came out and the colours. Tim's tag is HERE.
Next post is tag number 4 (I'm doing them separately to link up on Tim's blog.

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Great tag! wonderful colors and distressed edge! your holly cluster looks great in the corner - I've purchased some of the supplies already used as well - can't help but get inspired by Tim!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great tags, I am behind, haven't made all of them and not posted any!!that's what comes of having a poorly two-year old little girl I guess!!!still I WILL catch up! Trace x

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, superb work Neil.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Helen said...

Just catching up on your Tim tags - this is wonderful!