Sunday 5 December 2010

Tims Tag day 4 and 5 Neelz take

Well, Up bright and early so got cracking on tag 5 straight away!!!!! So I can post both tags.
Tag 4 first: I have to say that I struggled a bit with the technique. Perhaps it was because of the fact I had to use fragments, or my ink just seems to dry instataneously! In the end I used the stamped and glittered technique on the tag, it looked better!


This was the best of the first technique, I think it will work better on glass perhaps
Then Tag 5. Really nice tag but one thing is VERY clear to me; I NEED to get a FATHER CHRISTMAS stamp!!!!!!!!! I do not have one and they seem to pop up a lot! Oh well, I used a snowman instead.
I really enjoyed to enamelled effect on the numbers, though I had to use pearl paint and clear UTEE.
My distress powders tend to be dull colours so I had to adapt the colours to suit. again this was something I had not done before and enjoyed it.

Be blessed in your art today.

16 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Love your tags - I had problems with the ink technique yesterday and discovered I just wasn't blotting for long enough.
Julie xx

Helen said...

My first attempt at the fragment stamping wasn't good, either!! Your tags are great.

SequoiaLynn's Studio said...

You tags look great! Keep up the great work!

WendyK said...

I think you have done a brilliant job, I like the snowman. I NEED a Santa stamp as well.

Wendy said...

Your tag looks great!

Artyjen said...

Hi! Two great tags....I'm with you on the fragment thing.....I really need T!m here to show me live I think :) LOL
Thanks for sharing at the splinter group;)
TTFN xoxo Sioux

Lynn Stevens said...

Greats tags! I love that you did a snowman on tag 5, You really made it your own! Well done!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Fabby work Neil, I struggled badly with the fragment too on the first tag, I like your colour variation on the second tag too, thanks for sharing xxx

Fliss said...

I adore your tags! Both absolutely beautiful.
x

Meggymay said...

Great tags, you are not the one one to stuggle with the fragment. Love your colour combination on todays tag.

Joan said...

love both your tags, great colours and I love the snowman !

minnie_mac said...

What beautiful tags. Yes, I had problems with the fragments too.

Marilyn

Cassie said...

These are gorgeous!!!
I definitely need to get on this!!!
I so enjoy looking at what everyone else has made!!
=)

Cassie said...

We featured you on the Paper Issues blog today!! You rock!!
Thanks so much for sharing!!
http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2010/12/tim-tag-by-neil.html

kim c said...

spotted you at paper issues. absolutely gorgeous tag. Merry Christmas.

kate blue said...

again, this is fab!