Monday 6 December 2010

Simon says stamp and show a holiday greeting

Hi there, over at SSS&S (link on my sidebar) the challenge is a greeting. Well as I am ,like half the world, busy doing Tim's tags I am doing extras too so for this week I have done a street scene tag in lovely warm winter colours mounted on a black card which I have embossed in opaque white stazon  a suitably festive greeting. I like the way this came out. I think the black really highlights the colours in the tag.
I used distress inks on the tag, the stree scene is my own design. I used mica behind the windows and tried to create the feel of everyone inside in the warmth. I splashed gold perfect pearls in the sky and used gems for stars


Be blessed in your art today, next will be tag number 6 of Tim's 12 tags......

7 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my goodness this is so beautiful! I love the little town and the coloring! The corner embossing is awesome too!!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Nancy Wethington said...

Really beautiful! Love how you got the look of lights in the building. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Heather said...

A beautiful street scene, you certainly give the feeling of warmth & light behind those windows. A lovely card.

Nancy said...

I LOVE this, Neil! And you designed the street scene??? VERY cool!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sensational work of art. Everything about it is pure perfection! Your street scene is magnificent and the corner embossing is the perfect finishing touch. So happy you could join in the fun with us again this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Lynne Forsythe said...

OK...so this card/tag is SIMPLY AMAZING!!!! OMW!! just love how it looks like there are light on in the building.....AAAAAAHHHHH!!

thanks for playing along with the Teamies at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog!!!

Annette Green said...

HI Neil. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog and via FB. I had to come and check you out, and I have to say I LOVE your style! I stopped here at this post because I wanted to comment on your street scene, which is amazing. I presume you cut it from Grungepaper? Very nicely done indeed. I'll be bookmarking your blog for sure. I love a man's perspective in paper crafting.