Monday 6 August 2018

It's stencil month over at Mixed Up.

Good morning friends.
New moth means new challenge over at Mixed Up. This month we are looking at Stencils, something which many of us have in our crafty stash I'm sure.
There's lots of awesome inspiration over at the blog post HERE, and this is my journal page project in more detail.


I guess you could say I am generally what you would call a "messy stenciller" not neat and precise, I use stencils to add layers and interest to a back ground.
I had a lot of fun just messing around in my A4 journal to create this page.

I thought you may enjoy seeing some of the steps so here you go.....

 Piece of scrap card and Dylusions ink and Perfect Pearls spray. Leave to dry.
 My favourite sea stencils(my designs, from Tando Creative) and DecoArt modeling paste. (Note, the paste will absorb the colour from the ink which is what I wanted. If you want to have a crisper white finish then create your background with paint and allow to dry thoroughly before adding texture paste)
 Stencil and paint to add further random layers to the main page which has just had brushstrokes of paint added to cover most of the page.
 Stick the textured page in place and use the stencil and paint to bridge the two pieces
 I used another stencil and brown paint to add smaller darker areas of interest
 Some stamped interest too. (My new stamps from The Artistic Stamper)


Die cut and stamped Seahorses, coloured roughly with Distress Ink add focal areas along with the simple handwritten sentiment.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the process.....
Have yourselves a fun creative day

No comments: