Sunday 23 July 2017

journal making.....

Good evening folks.
Tonight I am sharing the latest journal I have made, it never takes too long before I miss the joy of creating a book.
I'll be honest and say that though I thoroughly enjoyed making this, it didn't turn out as I had hoped so I may end up going back to it and revisiting the colour palette......
 After folding and gluing a stack of beautiful handmade paper together to create the text block
 They were popped into the press for a few days to dry and keep flat.
 I used fabric for the covers. Glued in place with DecoArt Faux Finishing Medium.
 Colour was added with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic washes.
 I used one of my masks that never got produced along with some DecoArt texture paste to add texture. along with raiding the odds and sods box that every mixed media artist has to build up interest.
 I added a frame and cherub and left everything to dry.
Everything had a few layers of paint added. When it was dry. DecoArt Metallic Lustre was used to add some shimmer and patina.
The finished journal....
Hope you have a good week.

No comments: