Sunday 9 October 2016

All tangles and teardops




Good evening friends. I trust that you are all well, time seems to be marching on at a pace at the moment, doesn't it.  I seem to have a thousand and one projects on a slow simmer at the moment but nothing quite finished yet.  Except for this, the second of my watercolour journals.

 For some reason, I totally forgot to take any pictures of the process.  The basis of this journal is my Tangled Patchwork book cover kit. It is so good to have time to make books using my kits again as I have been feeling that I haven't really had time over the last year to enjoy creating with them.

The base and middle layers have been painted with DecoArt Fluid Acrylic. The top layer has a bit more detailing and texture. I stamped and heat embossed my Fantasy Stamps (available from The Artistic Stamper) then used DecoArt Metallic Lustres and paint to colour and bring out the detail.
 I kept the front element simple as I was really pleased with the textures and detail of the cover so added a trio of metal embellishments along with a couple of "teardrop" beads and a wing. (hence the title of tonight's post.....)

As this book is part of the trio I am making, the same fabric was used for the spine and the pages inside are watercolour cardstock.

I've finished another couple of things which I should be able to share soon. I'm also busy working on my staircase. I have had enough of sanding and this afternoon I was able to start on the fun and creative bits. It's taking forever but I hope it is worth it in the end.
Take care and thanks for popping by, I appreciate it.

No comments: