Sunday 25 September 2016

Flights of Fantasy

Good evening friends,   Last week I finally carved out time to begin to finish a couple of books I had put to one side  before my holiday.  One is still sitting in the press but one is finished so I thought I'd show you it tonight.
If you are a pretty regular reader of my blog, you may recall seeing these a little while ago.....

 I used Tando Creative Media Boards and my Tangled Yarn and Winged Pattern Masks with DecoArt Texture Sand Paste to create the dimension and left to dry.
 A random assortment of DecoArt Media Misters to add colour......fun, exciting and messy!
 Followed by a wash of Media Fluid Acrylics .
 A rub with Copper Kettle Metallic Lustre, then stamping and heat embossing with my Butterfly stamp from The Artistic Stamper to finish the boards.
 While I was spritzing the boards I used a white piece of card to "mop" up the excess. I stamped, heat embossed and cut out 3 butterflies from this card.
 These were covered with DecoArt Liquid Glass and left to dry for ages! I love this stuff as, it gives this lovely glassy finish similar to Glossy accents, UTEE etc but it remains fully flexible when dry which makes it ideal for semi loose embellishments.
 Then, cutting and folding watercolour card for the pages.
 Hole piercing and sewing the book inner, time in the press to settle.
 I opted for a soft fabric spine for this journal. This beautiful braid originally came from a sari. I picked it up at a boot fair from a lady who bought it on a trip to India but never used it.
 The finished journal. The base covers are random textures and stamped imagery, one of the boards added in place and one of the glazed butterflies to complete the picture. a row of self adhesive gems to finish.


I thoroughly enjoyed making this book. It had been a while since I last made a book and I was missing it. Now I have another two almost ready, happy days.....
Take care and I'll be back soon

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Fabulous journal cover Neil love all the texture you have achieved and the shades of blue.

MaggieH