Friday 15 January 2016

The heart has it's reasons

Good afternoon folks.

This week has flown passed and I can't believe it's Friday already. Still, I have at least managed to get some crafting time in my studio this week.
On Monday I went though to visit my buddy Mark , We didn't get much in the way of crafting done but he did take me to his local craft store That's Crafty. Well, what a fabulous place, great selection of products and lovely owners. I could have lost myself in there for hours..... I did however not leave empty handed as you can imagine. I was introduced to and fell in love with, tbe Carabelle Studio stamps.

So this is my first little creative make with one of their stamps.


 I stamped the design onto white card and mounted this onto a Tando Creative Media Board. I used DecoArt Fluid Acrylic  Pthalo Turquoise and Cobalt Teal  to paint the background.
 Fluid Acrylic Diarylide Yellow
 Quinacridone Red
 Everything was layered up and a wash of Quin Gold applied onto which I sprinkled some salt.


When it was dry I removed the salt and added some details with Liquid Pearls and some Liquid glass over lightbulb at the top and the bottom dial before adding the sentiment.

Hope you like it.

3 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love the effect the salt gave you. The stamp is really cool. Beautiful project.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

You really OUTDID yourself!
AWESOME JOB!!

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic little plaque - I've been resisting the Carabelles for some time... you're not helping!
Alison x