Friday 2 October 2015

Anyone for Christmas?

Good morning friends.
Yes I know that a lot of people are not even thinking of it yet but since I don't really do much for Halloween I thought I'd make a start on some Decorations for Christmas.....

Creative Expressions have a gorgeous range of MDF shapes which include lovely big baubles in different shapes. So I've have a play with a couple of them. One is finished so I thought I'd share it with you
 I decided to have a bit of a play with gilding flakes.
 Add some of the glue onto a piece of cut and dry foam.
 Use this to "ink up" your stamp. You need a fairly solid design to get the best results so I've used this lovely flourish stamp from The Artistic Stamper. Press your shape onto the stamp and remove. (Remember to wash your stamp immediately.) The glue will stay tacky.
 Add your flakes to the shape and brush and rub off to reveal your pattern.
 Add some colour using DecoArt Fluid Acrylic. The gilding acts as a resist and the effect is pretty cool.
 Add a piece of silver washi tape to the decoration.
 Ink up your sentiment and stamp with Archival ink onto the tape.
 I opted for Peace on Earth.
 Cover everything with DecoArt Triple Thick Glaze and leave to dry.
 To finish, tie some organza ribbon to the top. Add some ribbon for a hanging loop and add a couple of small co ordinating tattered flowers.

    


It was fun to make and I think it's going to look pretty cool on the tree this year.                                    

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is lovely Neil! I have been working on Christmas stuff too much to the consternation of my step-granddaughter! In her 4yr old wisdom she has told me off because its not December yet hahaha! x

Words and Pictures said...

Really gorgeous - love the gilded flourish - perfect for an ornament.
Alison x