Monday, 2 March 2015

Elemental, a closer look

Good morning friends.
This morning I thought I would share with you a closer look at my new Elemental journal cover kit.


For the outside I assembled the covers with fabric and raided my "scrap" paper pile and glued paper to both sides using DecoArt Faux Finishing Medium; brayering it flat.

While that was drying I glued the other elements to more paper and trimmed it off with a craft knife.

Using my Fantasy 2 background stamp from The Artistic Stamper and black Archival ink I stamped the covers.

I used Distress inks and a mask to add further depth to the larger of the elements.

For the smaller elements I stamped using my Fantasy 1 Background stamp and embossing ink and added some bronze embossing powder to give a random textural finish

When it was cool I inked the piece with Walnut Stain Distress ink to add depth to the piece.

You can see the difference the ink makes in this photo.

Now, just because I love to make books, I am also aware that this perhaps is not everyone's cup of tea, here is a good solution. This is a hardcover notebook that cost the princely sum of 99p.
 Double sided tape to the cover and this then fits perfectly into the covers. You don't even need to remove the existing cover.
 To hide the "double" covers I edged the book with tape.

 I used the same tape to create my funky end papers too.
 I then painted the tape on the outside and glued the elements to the book to complete the book.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Great idea covering the book, and your design is interesting and texturally beautiful.
Smiles:)
Sue

Beth Moore said...

Beautiful layers, great idea! :)