Wednesday 14 January 2015

Another batch of flowers.

Good morning.
As promised yesterday here is part 2 of my flower making practice using the Marion Smith Bloom Impressions tool.
(Part 1 is HERE in case you missed it)
This time, I was looking at using the tool but not the dies. My "weapon" of choice for this batch of flowers was a large Funky Heart Punch from Woodware.
These are the finished flowers.


Very different to the previous batch but fun and funky aren't they?
This is how I made them......
I began by punching the hearts out of a sheet of Tim Holtz's Motif Cardstock which has a lovely embossed pattern that is revealed when you add colour.
The piece I had used came from a piece I had used previously but then decided I didn't like the finished layout (because I messed it up right at the end so chose to redo it with another piece of card.) Rather than bin it I decided to use it for this because I am still practicing LOL
 So, here you can see I have punched and pressed all the shapes. The thing to note with this is that because I wanted to use the "opposite" side of the curve it was important to press them with the embossed side facing down.
 Time for the glue gun again. You can see some colour is already on the petals. A blob of glue on the mat and 8 petals make up a single flower.
 The end result is 7 large daisy type flowers, all nicely shape thanks to the tool. Pretty messy with random splashes of colour on some, bits of tape on others and no real definition of the embossing... out came the Distress inks and foam (I used Stormy Sky, Wild Honey, Seedless Preserves, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers) to ink up and add mixes of colour to really highlight the dots and brighten things up.

I think they turned out pretty cool and funky.

I added a selection of buttons to the centres to finish and job done.

I enjoyed making these. What do you think?


8 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

These will look faberoonie on a project all grouped together.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love your funky flowers. I have that punch and I keep forgetting to use to make flowers. Thanks for the reminder!

ionabunny said...

Very funky. Love the brights and the dots. Hugz

JoZart Designs said...

They are fabulous and would make quirky brooches. Love them!
Jo x

JoZart Designs said...

They are fabulous and would make quirky brooches. Love them!
Jo x

Sarn said...

Love these!

Unknown said...

I love the poka dots!

Cocofolies said...

They are wonderful!!! :D Even more on the lovely shoe you have created for the Craft Barn, great make, very cute! :)