Saturday 20 September 2014

Home alone.....

Good morning friends.
I hope you are well. I'm home alone today as my Wife, sister and cousin have nipped over to Brussels for the day.....(as you do.) so, while I have a moment I thought I'd share something I've done for my Mother.  She lives in South Africa and so I thought I would make her a load of flowers etc for her scrapbooking. Then I thought that rather than just sending them loose I would make a box for them. This is it finished.
 I've got some step by steps for you too so I won't go into the technical details now.
 I used an ATC as the centrepiece. I stamped one of my birds onto it. Masked it off and stamped my small backgrounds over. Everything was coloured with Dylusions inks. I added some Liquid Pearl details and a Chit Chat sticker before adding 3 layers of clear UTEE.
 Now I'm busy filling the box with an assortment of flowers........
 I decided to have a little fun with the inside of the lid too......

So, now, if you are interested, this is how the box itself was done.
 I took a nice solid box and gave it a couple of coats of gesso to cover the printing.
 Then I gave the whole thing a spritz of colour with Dylusions inks and water and dried it with a heat gun.

 Cut a piece of Tim Holtz tissue paper to size and cover with a layer of Matte Multi medium (or similar)

 Lay the box onto the tissue.
 Fold the tissue up and over the sides, cutting and trimming where needed.
 Burnish with a scraper to flatten and leave to dry.

 Use Distress Paint to add further colour to the box and wipe it down.
 Use a brush to add colour to the inside sides.

 Use Black Archival ink and stamp the Fantasy 2 Border around the top and lid sides. then add the ATC to finish.

Job done. Hope you have yourselves a fun weekend too.

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Your mother will LOVE this work!
So Interesting to view.
I like to see the many steps too = )

Kirsten said...

That is gorgeous, I love the ATC.

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous, Neil! Love the colour and texture. It really glows.

Shoshi