Tuesday 6 May 2014

The stranger returns.....

Good morning friends.
I'm hoping that normal crafting a blogging will resume shortly so thank you for sticking with me. It's just been a round of manic behind the scenes stuff, and visitors, and family stuff. All good but now there is light at the end of the tunnel. So, a little round up; firstly, over at The Craft Barn blog this week's theme is My Favourite Movie; my list has about a dozen as I love movies but in the end The Hobbit came out top and I made this 3D scene
 Smaug takes centre stage of course, but the Elves and Dwarves are represented too....
Not forgetting our little Hobbit, Bilbo "stealing" the Arkenstone. It was fun to do and if you follow the link HERE you can see more details and also there is a downloadable PDF with the steps used.

Sunday saw me down at That Craft Place in Eastbourne for a day creating hiding places in our journal. I forgot my camera so I borrowed a couple of pics to share...




It was a lovely day as always, everyone seemed to have a good time and it is lovely to see how over the sessions everyone's journals are developing.
Also as you know, on Friday my new range of stamps launched which is always exciting. I'll be sharing some projects with them over the coming few days but if you want to see them they are HERE at The Artistic Stamper. (Mine are the bottom 6)

Couple of classes coming up to finish

Sunday May 11 I'll be at The Craft Barn working with alcohol inks and things to create a mini tin of cards, perfect for either little thank you notes or to add to larger cards. Class details are HERE


Sunday May 18 I'll be at Crafting Time for a bookmaking class, details HERE Only a couple of places left so you need to be quick if you are interested!

Then Friday May 16 at The Craft Barn for a different book making class. Details are HERE and this is what we are doing



It would be lovely to see you there.
Hope you all have a lovely and creative day.

1 comment:

Shoshi said...

Neil, those books are just amazing. I particularly like the binding in the final photo. I am just getting into book making and find this so inspirational!

Shoshi