Tuesday 13 May 2014

Once upon a Time

Good morning peeps
I hope that you are all well. While I was waiting for paint to dry I began pottering around in my journal and this was the result. I've recently been watching Once upon a Time and have really been enjoying it.

 I had Kiki already stamped in Green Archival ink and cut out from a recent class and as I was flipping through my journal I realised that the colour matched this background perfectly.
 You can see the textured background better here. Created with strips of magazine paper and gesso with some Peeled Paint Distress stain to add colour. I added some stamping using my new Alphabet Soup Border stamp in Fern Green Archival around the edges and some random strips of stamping before gluing the image in place. Then it was time to haul out my black fineliner......I wrote the words in a quick scribble style.
 Then I just began to doodle, adding black details to blur the cut out edges and to extend the dress just to try to tie everything together on the page.  It kind of evolved as I drew, the mirror just kind of "appeared" on the page along with some dangling tiny hearts........
To further accentuate these I painted them with Dazzling Metallics Dark Patina paint which has a lovely subtle green shimmer undertone. I am really happy with the finished page, everything just seemed to flow together naturally, as if by magic.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm giggling because I put my green Kiki on my page made strips of magazine paper! I've also started watching Once Upon a Time because of your recommendation! Erin xx

Shoshi said...

Just fabulous, Neil. You are so talented. I love the doodling and the texture of the background and how it is built up. Great stuff!

Shoshi