Tuesday 20 May 2014

May tag for 12 tags

Good morning friends and thanks for dropping by.
Last night I was pottering around in the shed. It was one of those evenings where I couldn't quite get going so I decided to make a start on Tim's May tag.  All the details of Tim's can be found HERE and this is my take

When I first saw the tag, I was unsure about whether I liked it or not especially since I didn't have any of his patterned papers, and having to actually use my precious Idea-o -ogy! Does the man realise how expensive it is here in England? Then, I don't have the lettering embossing folders... well you get the idea I'm sure.
I have to say that I am really happy with my finished tag though, so shall I walk you through it?

 I gathered some supplies. I decided to use an embossed tag as my base. For my tiles I decided to use Motif card. I LOVE this stuff.
 As I didn't have the drop lettering folder I used part of a stamp from the Random quotes plate to stamp Remember in black Archival. You can see how the addition of colour really starts to transform and bring the card to life!
 As I didn't have the metal oval Tim used but I really like the effect I used a book plate and a butterfly die cut and painted them with Pewter Distress Paint.
 So you can see everything coloured up on the left. For the base tag I covered it with a layer of Peeled Paint Distress Stain and dried. I then dabbed some Vintage photo Stain as seen.
 and added a spritz of water to move and blend the colour.
 To detail the book plate and butterfly I dabbed some stain on and dried with a heat gun. I stamped some script onto the butterfly and then gave both a layer of clear UTEE.
 The tiles were all edged with Distress ink (Gathered Twigs) and then it was time to layer everything up. I added the tiles with 3d foam tape and used double sided tape to adhere the other elements to them.
I sanded the token to highlight the raised areas. The star charm and bird I've been hanging onto for a while now. The arrow is from the Industrial stickers. I like the way that the Motif card keeps continuity through the tag and all the embellishments have silver running through which also keeps a flow and ties everything together

To finish I threaded some burlap braid through the top and tied it with a piece of brown string. So there you have it, my take on the May tag. I hope you like it. Now to go and link it to the party!                                

No comments: