Monday 19 May 2014

Crafting "al fresco" in Cambridgeshire.

Good morning folks.
I trust that this finds you well. Yesterday I had the pleasure of teaching a  book making class at Crafting Time in Cambridgeshire. It promised to be a glorious day and when I arrived I found that Nina had decided to take advantage of the weather and set everything up outside.
 Once everyone got over their surprise we all settled in and enjoyed ourselves. Working with one of my book kits we spent the morning gluing, trimming and adding layers of paints to create the outer covers.
 Everyone got absorbed in painting the embellishments. Though we did have plenty of time to sneak in some of the delicious cakes two of the ladies provided......

 It was really lovely sitting outside and everyone was enjoying themselves.....


 Until I handed out the needles and thread, that is, and everyone had to stitch their signatures together..... suddenly I was not as popular. Everyone persevered and once everyone had stitched up and attached the pages to the book covers without everything falling to bits you could hear the collective sigh of relief....

 By the end of the day, everyone's books were looking pretty amazing and ready to add their own finishing details too.
 I think everyone can be proud of their achievements as I know it is a bit daunting when you've not made a book before so well done ladies and thank you for making it another fun day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The books look great & what a great idea to take advantage of the lovely day & move the class outside.