Monday 26 May 2014

Calico Crafts and a bit of beach time doodling

Good morning folks
I hope you are well and if you are here in England that you are enjoying the Bank Holiday. Yesterday Susan and I took advantage of the sunshine and meandered our way through the day, starting off at a boot fair in the morning before heading off down to Eastbourne via Friston Forest for a picnic lunch.

 We then headed off to Birling Gap with the thought of stopping there for a while, too crowded and didn't feel like struggling to find a place to park so detoured past Beachy Head and into Eastbourne where we stopped off for a bit of a mooch before heading down and parking off at Pevensey Bay for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
 Feeling the need to scribble, and not letting the fact that I'd forgotten to bring a journal with me deter me; I wander the beach and picked up a few scraps of wood to doodle on.
 This is the first one, kind of weird looking dragon thing, but hey, you can't really rub anything out with pen and driftwood you know.....
 Piece number two in progress, includes a rather weird looking "seahorse", though perhaps original is a kinder word lol.
So, all in all, an interesting and fun day.

Lastly, but by no means least,  I'll leave you with this sneak peek of my second guest project I'm sharing over at Calico Crafts today.
If you follow THIS link, it will take you to the post where you will find full details, and lots of photos. I'd love to see you there. Right I'm off, have a fun day folks!

2 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

i LOVE the seahorse sketch on the wood. it is fantastic.... and thank you for being our guest at Calico Crafts. Z x

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE post!