Friday 18 April 2014

Happy Easter

Good morning friends,
I know, it's been a while; life has been busy and I've been having to get my garden ready too. The first foray into it after winter takes me a bout 3-4 days to get it looking good so now it's ready for our first braai
garden in progress and painting pots in blackboard black ready for herbs too.
 Lovely sunny morning breakfast to keep the energy levels up.
Then, time for afternoon tea......

On the crafty side, I decided we needed an Easter wreath for the door so I did this.....
 I didn't have much time so it was cobbled together with stuff lying around. The Happy Easter was brightly coloured so I painted them with some raw umber and then stone over that. I kept it rustic so you can see the colour underneath too.
 I kind of needed so colour so there are a few flowers and a rosette in blues and greens to add some focus. and I added some small Tim Holtz die cut butterflies randomly too.
 The metal butterflies are from a belt and the little gem egg shape beads are from an old butterfly hanging

Now hanging on the front door. We are enjoying a few days with family now. I would like to take this moment to wish you and yours a very blessed and special Easter and pray that the love and joy of God touch your lives and bring you joy at this time. 


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks and a very happy Easter to you too.. !!

Beryl said...

Beautiful home and garden photos. Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend.
Beryl xx

Belinda Basson said...

Funny to see the word Braai on an english blog...but then you were from here....love the wreath and your tea looks so professional.

Mrs A. said...

Love the photos of your garden. Inspired me yo take some photos of mine. Spend time tending it and never think to record it. The high tea looks scrumy will do a virtual pop over laters. Hubby spotted the wine straight away!! mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Happy Easter! The garden looks fabulous, the breakfast and tea looks scrumptious and the wreath is gorgeous!

Monica said...

What a beautiful garden and I impressed by the use of a table cloth!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a lovely day despite the atrocious weather. Your garden looks wonderful - I don't suppose you'd like to come & do mine? ;) And I love the Easter wreath, it is beautiful.