Monday 16 September 2013

Catching up a bit in my journal

Good afternoon friends.
Today I thought I'd better spend a bit of time catching up in my journal. One of the things I find, especially with teaching is that during classes I don't have time to finish pages as we are too busy having a great time exploring different background techniques!
 So, for example, this is the journal we've been working on over the last 3 classes in Cambridgeshire; lots of yummy backgrounds but not too many completed pages...... so today I was sorting though them, getting pages in an order that was pleasing to me and starting to work on them. I've been having a great time and here are two of the pages that I've finished today.

 The background is textured and painted. I added further details using my masks and stamps and used images from Crafty Individuals which were all on the theme of journeys and dreams.
 This was a fun page. The background has been created using Distress Paints and spritzed with water to let it drip down.
 I added the border with my Geometric stamp and highlighted it with Dylusions ink so it stood out from the background. The Artist is from my Cheeky Chappies set.
The Journaling is a fun dig at the response I think many of us can identify with : "What do you mean mess? I'm not making a mess, I'm busy making art!"
I've got a few more in progress so I'll share them when done. I need to get a wiggle on though as in a couple of weeks I'm back so I'll be in "trouble" if I've not got further.......

If you're interested, my stamps are available from The Artistic Stamper, Crafting Time and That Craft Place and my masks and book kits are available from That Craft Place, Crafting Time and The Craft Barn (And other Tando Creative Stockists)

No comments: