Friday 23 August 2013

Fabric work

Good morning friends.
I trust that this finds you well. I thought I share something a bit different with you today. Most of this is done by my beautiful wife though I was involved in a tiny way, mainly in fetching and finding, true. I did however do some cutting, stamping and selecting........
 Isn't it gorgeous? Overall it's about A4 size and is going to form part of a memory quilt for someone special.
 We used Studio self adhesive canvas for the heart, bird and tag. The edges aged and distressed. Stamped in browns to keep the colour theme going.
 Then there's lots of little bits, lovely vintage laces and fabric flowers.
And I love these zipper flowers and the little accent beads. Everything sewn and handstitched elements too.
The bird is from Sizzix, the stamps are Tim Holtz. The background fabric is lovely, not sure who made it but it suits the style.
Hope you enjoyed seeing it. Have yourselves a blessed and beautiful day.

11 comments:

Glennis F said...

It's beautiful - well done both of you!

Karen said...

Oh Susan...this is absolutely beautiful! I hope we get to see the finished quilt? xxx

Francesca said...

It looks stunning, whoever gets the quilt will love it. Love Francesca

Gio said...

It' svery beautiful, love every tiny detail of it!

Sandie said...

How beautiful is that?! And how wonderful you both create. I got excited yesterday when my husband borrowed my camera and expressed an interest in taking more photos. He even suggested he have my camera & I buy myself an upgrade.... I live in hope of him finding his creativity and us doing things together like you & your wife do. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Nan G said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all of the texture. Please do show us the finished quilt. Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this!

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Neil, what a beautiful piece this is.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sandy said...

This creation is truly gorgeous.So scrumptious!
sandy

Words and Pictures said...

How gorgeous... what a wonderful joint effort to create such a beautiful piece of artwork.
Alison x

Little Artbee said...

That looks so beautiful, a good teamwork. I like it very much.
Greatings
Sabine