Tuesday 27 August 2013

Catch up.....not really!

Hi there folks
Well, this weekend has disappeared in a flash and my to do list is just stretching. Still, before I know it, the holiday will be over and everyone will back back at work, university etc so at the moment I am neglecting my craft room and stuff I want to do myself to spend family time and this bank holiday Monday was the same. On Sunday I was up with the sparrows to drive to Cambridge for the second of my journaling classes at Crafting Time. It was a fun and relaxed day but busy too and by the end of the day we had a growing pile of lovely textured backgrounds in our journals......


I'm looking forward to being back there in a few weeks!
Then yesterday we decided we would spend the day out together so first of all, Susan and I nipped off to a morning boot fair while the girls got ready. Well, it was a fun time and I nabbed a few bits which I'll share with you tomorrow when I have sorted them!
We got the makings of a picnic and headed down to Hythe. Destination; Skullsville....... We read that St Leonard's Church has the largest and best Preserved Ossuary in Britain so we had to see for ourselves.




Creepy but fascinating at the same time! So, that was the crypt. The church itself was beautiful inside too

 We spent a bit of time at the working part of the beach

 We wandered over to the MOD firing range (That brought back memories of my Army days, not all pleasant!) before going back to town.The military canal is beautiful and peaceful.

 We ended the day in Folkstone's Leas coastal park again for a picnic and a wander. Caught the Sunset and got home late; tired but happy after a great day.


 This art piece was pretty moving, 19240 pebbles, each hand numbered and each one representing a soldier. This was the number of British Soldiers who lost their lives one the FIRST day of The Battle of the Somme. Very sobering.


A great day. Now I need to get my act together; almost time to work and I've things to do! Have a great day everyone and don't despair, I will get some crafting done to share with you soon!

1 comment:

Paul B said...

Looks like a memorable day out with plenty of interesting sites and poignant moments. Looks like you made the most of the holiday. Have a good week. Px