Saturday 6 July 2013

12 Tags - July

Good morning folks
The sun is shining, the lawn is mowed and I actually managed to do Tim Holtz's July tag! It's funny, but when he was doing the 12 tags of Christmas I managed to get them all done but I confess to struggling to getting them done now, I don't know why but I see the tag and think I must do that. Then I blink and the next month has arrived.
Still, here is my July tag, all the how to re the techniques are HERE so I won't repeat them.

 I used a 10" tag so I had a nice large surface. I used the technique on the tag using Aged Mahogany and Forest Moss Stains. I used my own stamps for the background stamping and Franswaer for the main focal point. (Available from The Artistic Stamper HERE)
 The shattered stains technique was used on the book plate and the skull which are both from Grunge. I love this technique and use it pretty regularly. I  used chit chat stickers on my label.
My ribbon didn't take the colour of the stains too well, it seemed to lighten the colours but the stamping worked a treat and I do like the way the sanding really highlights the token.

So, that's my tag this month. Time to toodle off to work for me I'm afraid so hope you all have a good day.

7 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Perfectly you Neil!

Rosie said...

Your tag is gorgeous, love every detail. Fantastic

KristyLee said...

Your Tag is so trippin' cool! Love this!
Peace,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

I love you tag and the colors. I'm curious as to what the shattered stain effect is and how you do it.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful tag - I love every jot and tittle about it!
sandy

hazel said...

A brilliant tag.
xxx Hazel.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like your completely original take on the TH July tag, Neil. I didn't realize you had your own line of stamps. Your drawings and backgrounds are great. I'd love to do that, but I'm not sure where to start. Blessings!