Friday 28 June 2013

Bit of journaling and classes...

Good morning folks.
I hope this finds you well. This week has been one of those weeks where I've only managed to steal moments in the shed but I guess that is one of the advantages of having a dedicated room; everything can sit there just waiting ready to go! So I managed to finish this quick page in one of my smaller journals
I covered the page with random strips of self adhesive canvas that were left over from another project and used Distress Stains to colour the page roughly.
 I added the doodles with a black pen and wrote out the words. This sums up how I feel at the moment " I have a brain like the Bermuda Triangle; information goes in never to be seen again. "  I added some whiter details with a paint pen.
 I also added some textures to some other pages and left to dry overnight so they are ready today.
 So, not an awful lot going on but just thought I'd touch base with you.
Today I need to finish packing for Sunday's class at The Craft Barn where we'll be working on my Burst Book Cover kit and exploring UTEE and other embossing powders o create a loose leaf journal. Still some places if you want to join in the fun? Details HERE


And, while I'm thinking of it, just a reminder too that I'll be teaching at Crafting Time in Shepreth, Cambridgeshire. First class is on Sunday 20th of July where we will be creating a loose leaf journal with my Ancient Book Cover kit and also beginning to explore art journaling. There are a few places still on the first class so if you are interested in art journaling why don't you join us? Inky fingers and fun guaranteed.
Sneak peek of the Journal

and just a flavour of the first class......details of which are HERE
 After the first class and out  I'll be teaching another 3 classes, each focussing on a different aspect, so you can join me for all four or dip in as you please.
August 25 - Textures and depth - Details HERE

September 15 Hide and Seek - Details HERE
                                        

September 29 - Finishing School - Details HERE



Hope you all have a creative and fun weekend! I might be back later.........

1 comment:

mark gould said...

Alot of interesting pieces on display here. Love the bemuda triangle page.
hope things are calming down for you now.