Thursday 10 January 2013

Timepiece

Good morning everyone

Where is this week going to, can't believe it's Wednesday already! It's been a kinda productive week here and today I have a full day of studio time so that'll be good fun.
Today I thought I'd share what I did on Monday. Mark came round for the first crafting get together of 2013. (If you haven't seen his blog yet, do pop on by HERE, he does some fabulous art, especially if you like the slightly darker, Gothic style)
I received from him a Tim Holtz, pocket watch and bird cage along with some other fab gifts so as he had brought his pocket watch along we decided that that was what we'd do......
Here is mine
 I started off by using old paper inside as the base. I stamped the Life sentiment in archival ink and used Distress ink to add colour. A spritz of Perfect Pearl mist to add sparkle. I added some cogs and a watch charm to this base.
 The men were stamped directly onto the front of the watch face in black stazon. To make them stand out I coloured them behind with copics and used white acrylic paint to block them.
 I then decided to add a touch of "age" to the outside by using some vintage photo Distress embossing powder randomly which I thought worked well.
 To finish I added the chain and decided that my hand was the perfect way to display it!
I also received this fab ATC from Mark too. A gorgeous image, beautifully coloured with copics.
I really love the way he's used mountboard to create a sturdy base and also everything has been covered with a layer of UTEE to give a brilliant tile effect and it makes the colours pop!
Hope you like it and that you all have a lovely day.


8 comments:

Elly said...

I wish, i had a neighbour like you or Mark! It looks like, you had a fantastic day together. Love the maskuline look of the pocket watch and Mark is getting a professionel with copics.(:o)

Inkypinkycraft said...

love the layered look you have created in your watch.. and yes mark has a fab blog, well worth a visit! looks like you had a good day..trace x

Helen said...

The pocket watch looks fantastic, and what a great thing for Mark to bring you, the ATC is great too.

mark gould said...

Cheers for the shout out Neil, Im glad you liked the stuff, I really like how your pocket watch came out, You woul not recognise mine from monday now, to say it has gone in a different direction is an understatement lol.
Its always good fun catching up.I have booked on the book class next week, see you there.

ria gall said...

Hi Neil
What a fab job you have done on your pocket watch I love how it has been layered.
I also LOVVVVVE your wooden hand.
Ria

House of Bears said...

The pocket watch is wonderful. Love the images you've used inside it. The ATC is lovely too, lucky you to have a crafty friend to share your creative time with,

Nan G said...

Terrific watch! Nice layering inside! Great touch with the e.p. on the outside! I'm still trying to work that stuff. :/

Redanne said...

The watch is brilliant Neil, I especially like how you stamped directly onto the glass, it looks amazing. It made me smile because I have done a watch too recently but mine is a bit more 'girly'. Love Mark's work, he does have a great blog and he is getting very proficient with the Copics too. A x