Friday 5 October 2012

Where has the week gone?

Good morning folks
I hope you are well. I can't believe it's Friday already! Still, I have had a lovely week. One thing I realised this morning was that for some reason my post for The Craft Barn did not post on Monday so better late than never, here it is.
 Yes, you guessed it; this week at The Craft Barn Blog is Dylusions week! This is the journal page I did.
 The background has been done with pinks and oranges. I surprised myself with these colours as they are not what I would normally reach for but I love the way they've come out. I've used layers of colour and masks to create a lovely depth. Then I used black ink to stamp the leaves which really accentuates the colours.
To make the hearts I melted clear UTEE in the melt pot, poured some onto a non stick craft sheet and pressed two small metal cookie cutters into the UTEE. For the larger heart I did the same but poured the hot UTEE onto a piece of card that was coloured and stamped. When it's cooled and hardened you can easily take the shapes out.  I used black stazon to stamp the reverse of the smaller hearts. They were then added to the page with glossy accents.
I used a white pen to add details to the leaves. The words are handwritten then to add interest I used some of Tim's chitchat stickers and also went over some words with a thicker marker.


It was fun to do; hope you like it.
We have a special offer at The Craft Barn this week on some of the stamps.


Our special offer this week:
20% off the following stamps

Curious Corrin - Ruby rainbow - Doollally Dorris -
Love struck Lucy -Tallulah Tripp - Dependable Dotty - Traveling Travis - Pondering Petunia
Enter code DYLUSIONS20 at checkout



2 comments:

Francesca said...

Very vibrant even if its pink, love your hearts. I have done the same with watch parts into the Utee. Must get my melt pot out again...Have a good weekend, love francesca

Ana K. said...

Great colourful page, Utee hearts are amazing! And I totally love both your canvas, very creative!
Hugs from Slovenia