Tuesday 17 July 2012

Where is the time going!

Morning folks
I just don't know where the time is disappearing to at the moment! I'm running around like a scalded cat trying to get everything ready for my visitors. Family from around the globe are descending soon for the summer. It's going to be a fab time but I guess you can imagine, my crafting time and therefore blogging time will be affected so please don't give up on me, I'll be back as often as I can !
So, I thought I'd share this little wooden Icon that I did as a class at The Craft Barn extravaganza a while ago. This is the inside.
 And the outside.
 I really enjoy these Paperartsy images and I love all the layers of "ageing", we achieved with various paints and crackle glazes.

 Everyone seemed to enjoy experimenting with the various effects you can achieve.
Crafty Individuals  images provided instant "relatives"
Though I think these little icons make a lovely gift if you add a personal photo too! Now I'd better get off to work now so I hope you all enjoy yourselves and have some creative time to play!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Neil......thanks for sharing this lovely piece. I love the vintage/shabby style. Love the way you have stamped images and distressed with other mediums.......fab piece.

This month is definitely flying by, however, have a great time with the family. Annie :-)

Mrs A. said...

This piece has given me an idea to make up in cardboard.Like the different textures and the aged prints are perfect. I have ordered my clock parts from the Craft Barn so I will at least know what time it is even if it does keep flying past!Have an enjoyable time with your relatives. Mrs A.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...always loVe to see your work Neil as soon as the page opens there's treasure in some form or another and today is no exception, gorgeous layers, loVe all the chippy paint & layers of crackle...superb...Mel :)
Hope you find time to escape to the shed, we can't go all summer with no postings from you :)

mark gould said...

very nice neil, great little piece, will have to try something like this.

Shoshi said...

This is beautiful, Neil. I love the faded, crackle glaze effect. Very vintage! I never cease to be amazed at your incredible creativity and versatility!

Speaking of which: I have just nominated you for the versatile blogger award. This is in recognition of how much I enjoy visiting your blog, and for all the inspiration you have given me.

http://shoshiplatypus.blogspot.com

Shoshi