Tuesday 26 June 2012

Hands up

HI there folks
Yes, I know, there's not too much going on here at the moment. I've had so much happening that finding the time to actually blog about some of what I've been doing. I also want to keep some surprises for the visitors to the extravaganza this weekend!
But here is something; my first attempt at a fantasy weapon!
I have wanted to do something like this for ages but it was only last week that I actually found the right style "weapon" and decided to give it a go. I'm pretty pleased with the end result. Still some touch ups to do but as a learning experience it was good.


 I used metal foil tape to do the back section. Alcohol inks add colour and black paint.

 Not bad for a 99p toy really..........
Have fun, now I'd better see if my other stuff is dry so catch you later!
If you are in the area of The Craft Barn over the coming weekend; I hope you'll pop in and say hi, I'll be having a good time all weekend with Dylusions, Distress stains and Distress markers. All the details of this amazing event can be fond HERE.


9 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...WOWzers Neil this looks like it's walked off a sci fi film set or buck rogers (showing my age now!)..to think this started life as a 99p toy!...a superb re-cycle piece with great use of techniques...Mel :)

Elly said...

Glad you made the transformation and not some kind of endangered fairys *lol* Looks soooooo cool!! And it seems, your creating time in your little shed is save now (:o)

mark gould said...

lol @Elly
very cool gun, Is this the new control method you are using in your workshops??

Shoshi said...

Lol Neil! The latest in the fight against the steampunk fairy! Very cool.

Shoshi

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love it! Makes me think of Star Wars or such like, great work. Zo xx

Francesca said...

Looks good as when I saw it on sunday in the flesh, still working on my gateway will post when done. have a good week.xxx

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh that's so Kewl Neil!!!!! Wonder if hubby would mind me taking over a few of his weapons. LOL. Not.
Such an inspiring piece makes me want the hit the dollar store in search of things to alter!
Lynn

BJ said...

Oh Neil - I really ought to have commented on this FAB weapon, when I saw it today. My 13yr old would just LOVE this. Maybe I'll make him one!! BJ

Kyla said...

Oh, I am loving this.....may need a trip to pound land toy section!