Wednesday 7 December 2011

Tag #7

Hi there; only me again. I'm back with tag 7. I couldn't wait to do this one because I really love the stamp set and I've never really played with the Kraft Glassine properly before.
All the details of Tim's tag is HERE and this is my interpretation of it.
I don't have the holly die so I used tattered leaves instead. With copper mixative instead of gold so my leaves came out darker possibly because of the ink colours too but they look better in reality than in the photo. I decided to use the silver bells charm too as no baubles big enough .

I used bundled sage and frayed burlap for my background as I did not have the other stains and the joyful Christmas is just on plain card and as I have no black embossing powder I used some antique linen distress stickles to add a bit of sparkle.
I also did the second tag today because I made a second background tag with the left over stains on the mat so it was easy to do.
I did the same joyful Christmas; used the left over two leaves and stamped the images in black archival.
I love the background and like how this tag shows more of it too. I added some lace to the bottom to tie in with the tag tie and also to add a bit of lightness to the tag. To finish I added the muse token and pin.
So there you have my versions of tag #7. Now I'd better get back to reality and get some chores done before work. Have a great time everyone.

12 comments:

Virginia Nebel said...

Gorgeous tags!!

Виктория Волконская said...

Очень красивый!Лучше чем у Тима!!

Kalipssa said...

mmmm, love ur tags!!! wonderful!

jolande said...

I like him...maybe I find him better than Tim's tag...Jolande

Alison said...

Fantastic! Love the extra sparkle Neil! I had the same problem using copper mixative too!

Martina said...

*clap! clap! clap!*

This tag is SUPERB!

Sara said...

It's so cool how you were inspired by Tim's tag and made it your own. I like how you used the products you already had on hand and implemented in your project. Love your tag!

Winnie said...

Awesome tag!! I love all the details you put into it!

Shelly Hickox said...

Both of these are absolutely gorgeous - I can't even pick a fave!

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Fantastic Neil!! This is my favourite so far. I don't know how you manage to keep up. I have only managed one so far!! The stamps are gorgeous. I can feel a purchase coming on.
Siobhan x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Congrats on doing two...which are both spectacular! I love your dark green background. Gorgeous coloration!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful! love your darker holly leaves!