Monday 12 December 2011

Playing catch up! Tag 9 thru 12.....

Hi there everyone. Can't believe it's the last day of Tim's 12 tags; at what a finale! Well; I never quite managed to get finished over the weekend and as the builders arrived today too it's been a bit manic here but I'm done. All 12 tags finished and hanging on my wall..... So a bit of a photo heavy post but here are the last 4 tags. All the details of Tim's tags can be found HERE
Tag 9
I've done this technique before and love the effect so it was fun. I used the seasonal silhouettes to create the background and cut the candle out by hand as I don't have the die.

Tag 10

I did not have a lot of the ingredients for this tag so I had to keep it pretty simple and just did fragments with Crafty Individuals images to create a nostalgic romantic Christmas feel. I love the way it turned out though!

Tag 11




This one's growing on me! I think it would have worked better with the retro style stamps Tim used but I have nothing similar and my background went a bit funny but hey; that's life.....
Couple of things I do like though. I used the wise men stamp from joyful song; inking up with black archival and then stamping onto that stamp with the flourish from reindeer flight to remove some of the ink before stamping onto the glossy card and I love the way it turned out!
The shrink plastic I had to cut by hand (not very successfully) and not having a melt pot I shrank it then used a watermark pad and UTEE afterwards before adding the alcohol inks. Again, I do like the way they turned out in the end even though the leaves are a funny shape........

Tag 12



I LOVE this tag! I stamped plain tissue paper for the background over the letter stamped background, added some blue and then glitter paste.  The tissue flower is fab and I used a flower trim in the middle.  The house shape is from mountboard and I coloured it with distress stains and used black soot on the edges before adding glitter paste.I do not have the doll so used a polymer clay face that I'd silvered with wings behind and a bit of a "crown" I love the lace die and the silver works really well though I used silver card I think it still gives a similar effect as with the letters. I stamped the "all is calm" rather than printing it and finished with some lovely translucent tinsel and the snowflake charm.
So that's all finished; what on earth am I going to do tomorrow!?
Hope you all have had a great time and be blessed in your creative journey!
Don't forget to enter my follower celebration candy (details on my sidebar) See you all later

15 comments:

Sue said...

I love all of your tags Neil! I've enjoyed seeing what you've done these past 12 days and I'll be coming back to visit you.

Alison said...

Well done for catching up Neil! Your tags are all fabulous!
Creative blessings to you!
Alison

Isabelle Norris said...

stunning !! particularly love 2 and 4
thanks for sharing
isa

Julia Dunnit said...

They're great Neil, and what an accomplishment! I purposely haven't looked at Tom's yet - just so love all the versions that are made that I don't want to compare. I save his tags for browsing over the hols!

YuliaM said...

Great tags! But the last is stunning!

Matxalen said...

Beautiful tags

Maria said...

These are all beautiful! You did a wonderful job!

Hanneke said...

Lovely tags! Love all the techniques and embellishments. Hugs, Hanneke

Kathy Ethington said...

I love seeing what you did, and they are all lovely. It's always sad when the 12 tags are over, but I think we'd be exhausted if it went any longer. Love seeing what everyone did and how they improvised.

Crafty Loops said...

Holy Moly, these tags are INCREDIBLE!! I love them. My favourites are definitely tag 10 and 12. Love them all though. Lee xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love all of these... and today's is uber cool! It has been a joy to view your work this week, and I hope to see more! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Helen said...

Just having a catch up - these tags are great - there were some joys this year for sure - you have made some wonderful creations.

Unknown said...

I just love your interpretation of Tim's tags - rather than being exact copies - your own 'twist' makes them absolutely original

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely ADORE that wish tag! It's stunning! I didn't take part inTim's Tags simply because I just don't have enough if his products at the moment. I AM hoping to change that in the new year though.

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

shirleydb said...

Love all your creative twists on the 12 tags; you have a beautiful artists soul . . . .