Tuesday 13 December 2011

Last Sunday's class at The Craft Barn

Good morning everyone;
If, like me, you were following along with the Twelve Tags of Christmas isn't today a "what do I do now?" kind of day? When I got up this morning I went straight onto the computer just to see if I'd missed a day and there was another tag hiding away......nope.
Anyway today I thought I'd share some of the photo's I took at Sunday's class at The Craft Barn. We used the Alterations Artful Dwellings die to create a seasonal banner.  We spent the morning exploring some of the fantastic properties of distress inks to create depth and layers of colour before adding stamping and shapes and glitter.
Here they are all hard at work on their banners.





One thing that I love about teaching these classes is seeing how by the end of the day everyone has created the same thing, but they are all so very different just by changing colour choice and sometimes a different stamp everyone creates their own personal piece. So thank you once again ladies for a lovely fun filled and lovely day!



This was mine so that was the starting point.And for those coming to my Seasonal candle holder class on Sunday the 18th December I look forward to seeing you there. (There are a couple of places left if anyone's interested details HERE)
Here's a sneak peek at what we're doing

Hope you all have a lovely creative day.

7 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Those are beautiful! Looks like a fun class. I was giggling because I too went straight on to look to see if maybe there was just one more tag! LOL!

Hanneke said...

Wow, love those banners! I might try to make one myself since it looks so festive! Hugs, Hanneke

Inkypinkycraft said...

The banners look great!!! Wish I was closer and could come along! Looks like everyone had fun, trace x

Helen said...

What a great idea - maybe I could find a use for the artful dwellings die after all!!!

Rachelcardqueen said...

I so would have liked to have been there your classes are always great but it was my childcare sunday!! Looks good I may have a go at it anyway as looks fab! Although i suppose xmas cards should come first not made a single one yet! Can't wait for Sunday although if this chest infection doesnt clear I wont make it

Crafty Loops said...

Looks like everyone had a fantastically messy fingers day. Lee x

Unknown said...

What a fabulous workshop and wonderful banners