Monday 26 September 2011

A busy few days

Hi there everyone,
Well it's been a busy few days so lets catch up a bit. Firstly, Over at The Stamp Man on Friday it was the start of a new challenge, pears or pairs. I couldn't take photo's of my project because my daughter swiped my camera and toodled off to school with it, so later than expected, here is my project.
 I made a 6 x 6 journal  using silver aged mirri card which I then finished with a thin coat of diamond glaze which gave it a lovely shine. I stamped the butterfly from The Tracey Coates Aspects of design stamp onto white shrink plastic twice and adhered them to the cover. I did the same with the smaller ones but punched a hole before shrinking and made a charm for the book.

The Dream title is Vintage market cut in black and a bit of metallic paint rubbed over. There's loads more inspiration over on the blog so do pop on over and join in the fun. We also have a new DT member, the lovely Siobhan from Recovering Stampaholic. Great to have you on board Siobhan!

So what else has been going on? Well seeing as it was the last weekend that my MIL was here we wanted it to be memorable so on Friday we popped off to the theatre to see Dreamboats and Petticoats which was utterly fabulous. real toe- tapping music from her generation but we loved it too.
Saturday we went to Tudeley church to see the stained glass windows which were all done by Marc Chagall, beautiful colours and free flowing designs. Here's one picture

Then yesterday it was off to Ally Pally! We got there early as always and sat and had breakfast before joining the queues. I had a wonderful day, chatted to loads of lovely people, It was lovely to see you Brenda and Alison. I also met some new folks and, of course, broke the budget! Still, it's all my wife's fault really as she bought me some fabulous bits and pieces too. So I guess you're all curious to see?
Here's some of it
Well, I got the new Tim Holtz joyful song stamp set, two stunning Dina Wakely stamps which I fell in love with. The other stamps I bought are the beautiful Sweet Pea fairy stamps; one set rather steampunky, the others more gothic/manga style to me.
Some cotton reels, lace, metal trims, masks and embossing folders. Some zipper flowers and I succumbed to Tim's Christmas charms even though I do think they are fairly pricey!
And of course, the picket fence distress stain so I can see what all the fuss is about for myself!
There is more, some fabulous books, paper, glues, gems etc. All the basics.
Oh well, where do I start, what shall I use first? Oops can't; got to get MIL to the airport, darn it!
Have a fabulous day everyone and I'll see you later!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Neil, love your stunning journal, it was lovely meeting you at Ally Pally, I cant wait to see what you create with your new goodies, especially those gorgeous Tim Holtz and Dina wakely stamps. Right im off back to the task of sorting everything out, it looks like a bomb has hit theres boxes everywhere !!!!

Belinda Basson said...

OOOH I love seeing stash! I know how you feel about the price of those TH Christmas charms, but they are fantastic, don't hoard them like I used to because of the expense, use them and enjoy them, I find I get such pleasure out of them now on my projects instead of in a drawer! Love that Journal too.

Von said...

Maybe I should have gone seeing all the stash evryone has come home with :) fabulous journal

Brenda Brown said...

Great to catch up with you again Neil and to see what you purchased.
Your journal is fabulous, just love the aged mirri card.
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox