Tuesday 10 May 2011

Try it on Tuesday - Tag week

Hi there everyone.
It's tag week over at Try it on Tuesday. This week, it's one for the guys-ouch I hear you say. Well, we guys are not that difficult to please really but in case you are still hyperventilating at the thought do pop over to the Try it on Tuesday blog where my teamies have produced some brilliantly inspiring tags to get your creative juices flowing! And there's a prize too.....
This is mine for this week. Clean and simple (Sometimes less can be more!)
I guess we all know someone who's a bit of a clown, don't we? I used this fabulous juggler stamp from Katzelkraft as a starting point. I cut the tag out of glossy white card and stamped the clown in black stazon. Masking him off I stamped this calligraphic background (from The Artistic Stamper) over the whole tag to create a bold background.
I coloured the whole tag (Masking off the clown) with Distress ink in faded jeans, peeled paint and a bit of aghed mahogony. I coloured the clown with copic markers to add the zing.

To finish I used a few square blue gems, some black blingy ribbon and just to be a bit quirky I added the back off an old earring at the tag hole.
See, something ready to gove to your own clown! You could always add the tag to a card blank and there's Father's day sorted. (I know I'd be happy to receive it!)

7 comments:

Helen said...

Love the background, and the juggler too.

G Peplow said...

Great tag, love the juggler as you say we all know someone.........great fun! :0) xxx

Paul B said...

Lovely Tag, the blue green background is wonderfully textural. The contrast of orange in the clown's top against the blue works brilliantly. Px

Unknown said...

Love it Neil especially the fun theme - I think we gals get to hung up on serious stuff for chaps sometimes when bit of fun is all it needs. Have a great day x Janet

Michelle said...

Hi Neil
First congrats on making it onto all the Dt's you've recently joined, you deserve it! Secondly, just love those photos, particularly the spotlight on your daughter - wonderful! and finally a wow for your tag. Love the idea of placing your clown amongst the text - works so well! Janet's right we do sometimes veer towards the serious when we think of things for men. This is great fun!
x Michelle

Artyjen said...

Love the tag.....it works so well.
xoxo Sioux

Angela Weimer said...

Great tag Neil. I was just looking at that stamo set over at the Craft Barn. I might just have to indulge. Have a great week. Angela