Monday 9 May 2011

A day trip and One stamp 3 cards

Goodly day everyone. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We did. We had a brilliant day down at Dover Castle on Sunday. Weather was fab, we had our own personal tour guide through the Keep, and discovered loads of things. Even our daughters (Who are at the stage where family days out are generally met with groans of "do we have to go?") had a great time.
Costume players always add interest to historical places, here is the court minstral and a wealthy unmarried maid, a ward of the King.....




These are just some of my favourite pics, from old graffiti, shield, architecture and this little spotlight shot down in the medieval tunnels......
Anyway, enough of that ; don't want you to get too bored! I still had a bit of time to play with one of my Katzelkraft stamps.(KTZ 55) This image is one of those images that I just absolutely have loved since I saw it and I now have got my grubby little mitts on it I am so happy! I made 3 very simple cards, all using the same stamp.
Number one
I stamped the mask onto silver metal effect plastic in black stazon and trimmed leaving a silver border, mounted onto black and then onto embossed silver card and then black again I cut and embossed a piece of black card to fit a white card blank andded the sentiment from the same plate and mounted everything as seen.
Card number two
I stamped the image onto glossy cardsock in white, and inked the whole image in aged mahogony Distress ink before mounting onto black, I stamped music onto the card black in aged mahogony and used the same ink on the embossed matt, torn cardstock and everything mounted as seen. A very different feel to the card.

Card number 3

For this card I stamped onto glossy white in stazon; added a tint of colour with Distress ink and then carefully coloured in sections using copic markers. Again, a very different effect but one I like because of the theatricality of the finish. Matted and mounted as before.

I think that this is an amazing set of stamps, great if you like the theatre, giving gifts of theatre tokens or even if you have a trip to venice to scrap!
Hope you like them, You can of course use these techniques on any stamp and get very different results. Great to make a batch of similar cards/notelets etc for a gift.
Be blessed in your art today.

No comments: