Monday 22 November 2010

Three for the price of one!

Hi there everyone.
After all the busyness of preparing for the craft fair I had a bit of a lazy day today. Thank you to all of you who left me such encourageing comments; all are greatly appreciated.
Well while I was being lazy (so spending more time than usual surfing blogland) I realised that 3 of my favourite blogs would work together nicely this week; namely Simon says Stamp is distress inks, over at L3 the CCC challenge is Double distress as per the technique on page 40 of the compendium and the the stampman is anything T Holtz Christmas.( Links to these blogs are on my sidebar) So here is my contribution : A Christmas gift bag.........



The bag was made using a crinkle finish paper and string for the handle. The snowman was stamped and distress inked using weathered wood, brushed corduroy and victorian velvet. The leave are cut from grunge and the double distress technique used on them. The same technique was used on the background grunge paper too. Acrackle painted robin, flourish and flower to finish

Showing a bit of the detail of the double distress.
Now I need to find a suitably festive gift to fill the bag with!

Be blessed in your art

16 comments:

Minxy said...

grungetastic, love the colouring of the piece :)

Anonymous said...

great colouring

Anonymous said...

Inspiring piece Neil! Love it!

MarleneMAZ said...

Your gift bag is gorgeous! who needs a gift when the wrapping is that beautiful :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a beautiful piece of art you have created! The colors are wonderful and I love all the texture and the way you have all the elements grouped together. This is too wonderful to be used as mere gift wrapping. One would hope the recipient would trim it out and frame it or something! So happy you were able to join in the fun this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Jen said...

fabulous gift bag!

Sue West said...

Amazing bag! I love the colours and beautiful textures.

Netty said...

Wow this is terrific, love everything about it. Annette

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the colors and the crinkled papers!! Great texture :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lisa said...

Excellent! I love all the textures and the collaging effect is great! As always, your work is amazing.
Lisa

The Stamp Man said...

Wow, that's brilliant Neil! I love the colours, the techniques used, the detail, the textures. Now if it were mine, I'd use it to store some of my Tim stuff.

I'd keep it if I were you, fill it with a gift to yourself;)

Thank you for entering it into The Stamp Man, Anything by Tim challenge.

Jill

Suzanne Bouchard said...

WOW! Lovely textures all over!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Brilliant gift tag! Love it!

Yelowflower said...

how beautifully put together. love the colors and that little bird is darling

Terry said...

Wow! Love all those fabulous details and layers! Gorgeous!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Neil, it's a triple challenge piece that's triple WONDERFUL! Wow, did this ever turn out fabulously! The Double-Distressed leaves and background look great, and the crinkled bag is gorgeous! This is such a fabulous idea for holiday gifts (or any gift at all!), and I'd love to borrow it for my own presents this year! Thanks for the ingenious project!