The canvas itself is simple. I stamped a bird onto white tissue and adhered to the canvas along with an old lace doily. Everything was distressed with green and red inks.
The flowers were a little bit more difficult! I glued old lace doilies to white tissue ( I made the mistake of cutting first, everything fell apart so learn from my mistake!) When they were dry I cut as many as I could from T Holtz Tattered Florals, I then inked them carefully with inks in greens and reds. I also cut some from grunge paper which I had covered with pearl paint, then when dry I sanded and scratched the surface and went over it with brown distress ink. The flowers were then shaped and assembled with a brad to secure them.
The butterfly was covered in gesso to get rid of most of the garish pink, not really my colour;distressed with vintage photo ink.
I hope you all enjoy it. It was fun to make and I still have half a dozen vintage lace flowers to play around with.