Saturday 9 October 2010

Trinket box

Well, another day has dawned and we'll be trotting off to the beach later so Mom in law can see the sea..... So thought I'd share this little Trinket box I made for Sue (though she wants me to put little scrapbooks of us and the kids there instead, well, that will have to wait)
I got the container fron Hobbycraft in a sale and it sat there for quite a while before I saw an article in craft stamper mag using one...to be honest I remember thinking, "I can do nicer" Yes I realise my modesty is becomimg but I think that we do that fairly often!
Just peeking out ...Recognise the Holtz influence?
I first cover the box with my trusty distress inks. Then cut panels of scrapbook paper for every second side
Then using stazon and acetate I stamped the four ladies from Katzelkraft, mounted them using diamond glaze with a bit of glitter behind.
The tag was inspired by TH, absolutely love his style and bits and bobs,

Inside I used inks and perfect pearls to cover the bulk of the box in browns, greens and golds before stamping all the sides with Craft Individual stamps (Another favourite company) I highlighted some of the lid design in crackle glaze.

Overall, very happy with the results, and it looks good in the room.

2 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

ooooo gorgeous box, thanks for visiting my blog, off to investigate yours further :)

Sam Royal said...

This is gorgeous.