Friday 2 March 2018

Little things....



Good morning,
Just popping on before work to share a little project.
I wanted to make a few little gifts for my colleagues at work and thought that post it note folders were the ideal thing as we are always using them.
So, taking the size I made folders from card and covered them with fabric as I wanted them to be reusable and to be able to take the wear and tear of being shoved in pockets.
I used Infusions  and water to add colour and left to dry before adding the post it pads.

I then stamped a selection of my bird stamps onto watercolour cardstock using Archival ink.

Then it was time to add some colour using Distress Markers.

When dry, I cut them into squares to fit onto the top of the holders. I then used DecoArt Media Matte Medium to seal everything and make the colours waterproof. (Tip, to prevent bleeding of the ink from the image I put a very thin layer on to begin with and dried it with a heat gun, That way, when I added a second layer the colours didn't run!)

The finished pads looked pretty cool I thought, and they were well received too.

Hope you have a good day everyone.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

What a lovely idea for a gift and useful too. Thanks for the top top about layering the matte medium.