Friday 12 August 2016

Layered Acrylic ATCs

Good morning friends.
I trust that this finds you well.  In the current issue of Craft Stamper magazine, My buddy Mark Gould has a project using these  (made by That's Crafty, available HERE)
Seeing this inspired me to have a go so I thought I'd share the results with you. I made two in the end (one just wasn't enough and to be honest I would probably have made more if I had had more in the studio LOL)

Here are the finished ones

The photos don't really do them justice. In reality they are crystal clear and look amazing.

These are the three layers of the left hand side one.


For the one on the left I began by stamping my Fantasy background stamp onto the  thickest piece of acrylic using black StazOn. When dry I used DecoArt Fluid Acrylic to colour the back and covered it all with a layer of white paint to increase the intensity of the colour and to cover any gaps. This really helps the colours to pop out.

The middle section has some circle elements from my Fantasy border stamped and painted the same way
 The final layer uses my Mechanical Bird stamp.

I then did the same process for the second.

Layer one, part of the Fantasy Background.

Layer two, part of the Fantasy  Border

Layer three, small bird from the set of 4 Birdz stamp.

The finished ATC.
These were really fun to create so thanks Craft Stamper and Mark for the inspiration! Now I need to get some more!

My stamps are available from The Artistic Stamper HERE.
Have a great day folks


2 comments:

mark gould said...

Awesome mate. Your stamps work so well together and love the fluidity of the designs.
Glad you enjoyed creating them

JoZart Designs said...

Happy to see that you are back with a vengeance and I really think you have found your mojo. I really love what you are doing! Really fabulous rich colour palette and creative imagery using your stamps. So very creative and your enjoyment shines through the pieces.
Jo