Thursday 4 June 2015

More books!

Good evening peeps. I trust that this finds you all well. Tonight I thought I would share another couple of recent books made with my kits.
I was thinking that I should apologise for the fact that most of my recent sharings have been books; but then I thought that was silly. Anyone who knows me and has been a regular visitor here will no doubt be aware that making books is one of my passions.
Though over time I do and have done a variety of projects that I have shared on this blog; the reality is that this year, having returned to full time work, my crafting time has been impacted,. So when I have a bit of creative time I gravitate to my book making.
Anyway, enough of my rambling, let's look at the books....
First up is this one. Made using my Elemental cover kit.
 Made with DecoArt Texture paste and Interference paints, Tim Holtz' Clockwork stencil and a selection of Treasure Gold gilding waxes.
 There's tons of lovely shimmering colour!

 Then, this one. Made using Patchwork Flourish. I started this book at the beginning of May at The Craft Barn inspiration day but was not able to finish it on the day. The book started out being coloured with DecoArt Fluid Acrylic (Prussian Blue Hue) and Interference paints to give it a shimmer.
 I added some details with Ranger Liquid Pearls and when dry I began to and further gilding with DecoArt Metallic Lustre
 The back has had a Stampendous stamp embossed onto it. Then layers of Interference colour, liquid Pearls and Metallic Lustre to finish
 Hope you like them....
Take care and I'll catch you later.

3 comments:

My not so simple life said...

Those are amazing!! Love all of them.

Glennis F said...

Love them, especially the colours - stunning!

Unknown said...

Super bravo