Sunday 1 February 2015

February Calender Challenge for The Craft Barn

Good afternoon folks.
I find it hard to get my head around the fact that it is February already.  Which means that it is time for The Craft Barn's Calender Challenge.
For February we are looking to see the colour RED and HEARTS on your calender. If you didn't already know; the blog has moved back to Blogger so you can see the post HERE.

This is my project


 Here it is on the calender, I think I'll be moving things around as I develop it over the year so nothing has actually been stuck down.
This is how I made it.

 I gave the board a quick coat of gesso.
 Following that I added a piece of Tim Holtz tissue with DecoArt Faux Finishing Medium.
 When it was dry I sanded the edges off which gives you a nice neat  edge.
 Then, colour was added with Fluid Acrylic in Quinacridone Red.
 A bit of a spritz through the Moroccan mask  with DecoArt's Red Media Mister.
 Some Quin Red colours the heart and the tiny people were coloured with Archival ink.
 I stamped the board with the key stamp
The heart was stamped with another Kaisercraft stamp and everything was then glued together to finish.


All products are available from The Craft Barn

1 comment:

Jackie PN said...

This is so cool Neil- I love the red and black and that stamped background is just fab! Thank so much for sharing your steps! ")