Sunday 19 October 2014

Making a start on my Christmas cards....

Good morning folks.
Usually I leave my Christmas cards until the very last minute and panic. However, this week I impressed myself by actually getting some done. Pretty simple, and reasonably contemporary I think.
 I cut white card down to size to matt onto my card blanks and rounded both the card and matt corners with a punch. I then took my Fantasy 2 stamp. Inked with Coffee Archival and stamped the image onto the card; re inked it, flipped it around and stamped the other side. I used a bit of Forest Moss Distress ink on the edges. To "hide" the stamping join line I used ribbon. I tied this with a bit of twine to gather it in and then added the small deer.
 This uses My Fantasy 1 Background stamp.
 Then I made some with Cobalt Archival ink, Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and  a white ribbon.

 Though you can't really see, I've used Stickles glitter glue to add some seasonal sparkle and some black enamel accents to add eyes to the deer.
 So, now I have at least 10 cards ready. Which is 10 more than I usually have at this time of the year.
Though these images are not Christmas designs, I personally think they work pretty well. What do you think?
My Stamps are available from The Artistic Stamper HERE. They are also available from That Craft Place in Eastbourne and Crafting Time in Cambridge. (If they are out of stock there they will be happy to order in for you)
Edited in reply to Alison's question. For the deer; I had(have) a pile of papers that I had made ages ago. I took one of those and glued it onto card before die cutting the deer. If I can remember it was made originally by covering paper with a mixture of walnut ink and mica inks and laying a piece of clingfilm over and leaving to dry. When it has dried, you get a lovely effect. You can really see it in the photos though. Once die cut each deer was edged in Distress ink (Forest Moss for the brown cards and Chipped Sapphire for the blue.
Now I realise that doesn't really answer your question fully but it is hard to remember. (The inks were from The Stamp Man originally, don't know if they still do them)

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yvonne is asking ,how did you colour your deers please ? Lovely cards .

Mrs A. said...

I think these cards look very classy and I love the effect on your Reindeer. Mrs A.

Alison said...

Thank you very much for the extra information . That is service indeed .sorry the reply of thanks wasn't so quick !
Hope you are having a lovely weekend .have been doing my art journal today . It's slow but work in progress .