Sunday 8 June 2014

The Craft Barn Extravaganza 2014 (day one)

Good morning folks.
A nice early post from me this morning. Before I head off for another day at The Craft Barn Extravaganza I thought I'd share a few pics from yesterday.
Arrived nice and early to begin setting up and getting myself organised in the marquee. It was nice to grab a moment to catch up with Di from Tando Creative and meet a few new people too.
 Here we are; all set up and ready to go.  It all looks neat and tidy doesn't it?

Before I could sit there though, I had the first morning mini class; working with PaperArtsy, Cosmic Shimmer and Tando Creative to fun to a set of coasters. Everyone seemed to have a good time and even the newcomers to crackle glaze got fab results so happy faces all round LOL
 Don't they look cool? Just adding some words here as a finishing detail.
 Then it was time to get cracking with the demo, showing all the cool stuff you can do with the Distress Marker Spritzer. Some of which is shown here by Mr Fancypants..... I love the airbrush effect you get with the mask, the ability to "fade" the colour out and the control you have over where you add colour. All the masked blue detail was added last working really close to the stamped image which you wouldn't be able to easily do with other spray inks or even Distress ink pads.


 Here I was just "colouring" in a Lynn Perella image with the Spritzer, again, I love the effect it gives which is softer than straight colouring with the markers.
 Blink and it was the end of the day. Of course, my table was no longer neat and tidy! But, look, you can just see some of my new book cover kits which launched, I get such a thrill seeing them all packaged up.
Some of he aftermath of the demo, lovely papers ready to work on.....
Now, I get to do it all again today, aren't I lucky. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful sunny day so if you can, do come on over, there's inspiration to be had by the bucketload by some amazing people, a shop crammed with crafting goodies and friendly staff and a really cool atmosphere!
Details of where we are and who is there today can be found HERE.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Looks like I'm in for a treat today, see you soon!!

Glennis F said...

Hi Neil, So sorry I couldn't make it to the UK this year, to see all the wonderful demo's. Looks like a lovely 'messy' day!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

A Really GREAT POST Neil!
I love seeing an artist at work...
so COOL and Inspiring= )