Monday 20 January 2014

Catching up in my journal.

Good morning peeps.
After burning the midnight oil trying to sort of get up to date on stuff; and dare I say it, even a little ahead..... I grabbed a bit of time to catch up on some half finished pages in my Dylusions large journal. Thought I'd share them here with you.

 This page was inked with Dylusions inks and my Geometric mask. The flowers are from JOFY; coloured with Distress Markers and the "stitched" border is done by using my Wonky House mask (The road markings) as a template and using Distress Ink with a blending tool.
 This chap is from a Prince of Persia movie book . The background is blended Americana paints; a smidgen of stamping and masking. The writing is with a white Posca pen.
 I love the random chaos of this page. The background was a mop up of Dylusions inks from my craft sheet and I filled in all the "white" areas with doodles using a black pen.
 This large bird is actually the template image from doing a transfer onto a bag with Decoart Ink Effects. Once it was done; I liked the residual colour on the paper so I kept it and stuck it in here.
 Then, last one is this Christmas page. The background was done with Dylusions sprayed through some lace netting. The decorative border was done with Distress inks and the bottom section of my Funky Butterfly mask. The baubles were made by using the inner circle of my Frame mask and a moist wipe to blend the colour.
 I added some doodled details in white and the string and decorative base elements were with ink.
I really love the way this came out so kept the sentiment small by using Chit Chat stickers (Tim Holtz)

Hope you enjoy seeing them. Take care and I hope you have a lovely day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pages, love the vibrant colours & the JoFY flowers look great.

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous pages - especially love that vivid green one at the start.
Alison x

Claudia N. said...

Beautiful journaling, Neil!

Love especially your "random chaos" page with the parrot! Awesome traces of colour there and I love the contrast of the white page with the doodling showing through with some places!

Claudia x