Friday 12 July 2013

A tag of "scraps"

Goodly morning peeps
I hope you have all had a great week and are gearing up for a fabulous weekend too. Today, I have a 10" tag to share with you.
 I don't know about you, but I know that I always end up with a pile of bits and pieces on my desk. Things I start or techniques I'd done. This tag is a mash up of those bits and took all of 5 minutes to put together. So, in a sense, it's made entirely from "Scraps"
The base tag has a few different layers on it, from Distress inks to UTEE and some Treasure Gold through a mask too. The mesh is a scrap I used as a mask with Grunge Paste on another project. I added some copper to it and stapled it on. The horse is from Katzelkraft into metallic plastic. The little buttons on the ends of the measure tape have been in my stash forever and I thought the sentiments perfect to sum up the journey to creating "ART" First you "Imagine", then you have to "Believe" you can do it and lastly you "Journey" to create it.
The Heart is made with UTEE onto a texture tread and covered with metal tape before aging with paint. It has some wire wrapped around it and a small painted heart.
 The ART sentiment is from Katzelkraft too and is stamped on the same surface as the horse. I attached the chipboard leaves to it (Part of what I didn't use at last weekend's PaperArtsy day) I added the ribbon to the bottom to co ordinate with the top and attached a chain tassel to add a bit more interest.

Hope you enjoy it.





4 comments:

ria gall said...

Hi Neil
this is a great tag and to think you made it from your scraps is amazing. I love your use of the words you put them in the order that my mind was at.
Really stunning tag
Ria

HeARTworks said...

Impressed (as usual) with your work! fantastic what you can come up with just scarps from your table! Hope you got my ATC safely! patsy

Inkypinkycraft said...

That heart is amazing! Hugs trace x

Little Artbee said...

Wow this Tag looks famous. Wonderful combination of different materials. It inspired me to try it again myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Greatings
Sabine